Watercooler Modes of Operation - Automated Social TV
Watercooler has three modes of operation for automating social media messages:
Fully Automated - Messages are automatically generated based on user defined rules applied to events on the automation playlist.
- Revenue Producing Events – Watercooler Rules linked to Traffic make it easy to associate an electronic coupon with a paid commercial: When a specific commercial spot plays, a social media message that links to a related coupon can be automatically sent, each time the commercial plays.
- Before the start of every program send a Twitter or Facebook message announcing the program name and start time or some other tidbit of worthy information. – The Show Name and Time can be automatically extracted from the playlist.
- Two minutes before the end of every program, Tweet the UP-Next program name and time.
Watercooler is always in sync with the start and end time of each automation event:
Watercooler events with automation playlist events.
Semi Automated - Pre-compose a message and a “Time of Day” for sending the message are entered into Watercooler. The Tweet or Facebook post will be sent at precisely that time.
- Revenue Producing Events- Sponsors for Shows, special offers from advertisers and Electronic coupons are sent at precisely the time you define.
- Pre-compose messages for the upcoming News at Noon, announcing top stories. The messages are sent at precisely the right time, drawing viewers to your channel.
- Pre-compose messages that announce the program guests for the daily talk show.
Manual Events - Pre-composed messages that are topical to the program are triggered by producers or show hosts during the live event.
- Revenue Producing messages that carry the slogan from the show sponsor are sent when the on-air talent introduces the sponsor at the start of the show.
- The show host composes messages for the topics in advance. These messages then get posted at precisely the right moment to highlight the conversation.
- Announce a surprise guest or send behind the scenes information to the show followers and friends.