From Ad Age - What you need to know about Social TV
Here's a great article from Simon Dumenco in Ad Age Mediaworks on the state of the art of Social TV today:
Here are the highlights:
1. TV owns social - TV is driving social media
2. Social TV is old-fashioned - it's about watching TV with other people
3. Twitter is not the only game - there are more and more players and ways to engage viewers
4. Social TV is self-expression and peer-to-peer peer-pressure marketing
5. Social TV has slowed down time-shifting - fans don't want social media acting as spoilers.
6. Social TV is not primarily about predicting hits
7. The Couch Potato is a dying breed - with social TV, there is much more engagement than ever before.
If you're a media company that gets all this, check out Watercooler, our way of making the Social TV process that much easier.